Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To Russia With Love



It's snowing today!






The snow, combined with today's agenda made me feel like I was on the set of Dr. Zhivago.


Puppies anyone? (Hopefully! Cross your fingers!)


This morning, just as it started to flurry a little, the bird feeder became a very popular place indeed, indeed, indeed!


The red squirrels have built a network of tunnels throughout the frozen snow piles. They pop up out of them like prairie dogs just a few feet from the bird feeder. We're not really ever sure how large their family is.








Yesterday, the finches came back and today I saw the downy woodpecker for the first time in a long time.


The cardinal made a rare appearance too.






What a day, I'm tellin' ya!

Love from Katy Noelle


P.S. Thank you so much Lisa Marie for your very encouraging words. I put in a few thoughts about how to create a planter/bird feeder for the winter months in the comment section after that post. Here is the link to that post. 


4 comments:

  1. Lovely snowy pics ... and a visiting cardinal, how wonderful.

    Jeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing to have a red cardinal in your garden. We have been snowed in yet again over the past few days, but thankfully now it seems to be thawing out pretty fast. It will be so good to see the sun again. dev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello darling thank you for visiting my cottage and for the kind comments you left behind, sweet compliments such as yours are the reason why I blog. I just placed a link to your blog on my beau-TEA-ful site (blog-roll) and will visit you often. I look forward to taking tea with you and thanks for brightening my day.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...I want your house..how gorgeous! You must love that pond across the way. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Terri(sweet nest)

    ReplyDelete

Short and witty, long and heartfelt, just a blip to say hello - I love all of your comments! Feel free ...

ShareThis