Monday, March 15, 2010




Perhaps I should be taking pictures of my kitchen or my polished silver tea pots.


I love having parties. Do any of you find that having friends over for special occasions puts just the right amount of pressure on you to get the house especially spiffed up and lovely clean?

That's one of the things that I appreciate about them, myself.




It's coming along just fine, with festive sights such as this.

It's a bit of spring cleaning - that's what it is!


Spring is definitely in the air too!


It's been raining for a couple of days now.


Dark, Dark, Dark heavy clouds wringing themselves out over us.


If the rain doesn't last for forty days and forty nights, it's comfy and cozy, happy introverted time.


Then, the clouds start to lift and, even if there isn't any blue sky yet, it's brighter.


Soft light!


Passing showers where the drops splash in your face from the gentle passing storm's breeze.


Many times, being in a sunny spot is more of an attitude than a literal reality!



Well, I've been nesting up a storm at home and just am taking a tea break and wanted to show you what I did today.




The sheep were a christmas present and have a lovely story about them and where they're from but I'll save that for another time. They seem happier in their own little world here than just sitting on a shelf. 





As I was going through my tea pots and cups and other ephemera, Tom (who, though he pretends it isn't so, is really a sentimental fellow) asked if I still had the note that he had enclosed when he surprised me with this sweet and simple gift one day, several years ago.




When he saw me heading off with it and my camera to the brightest room, he said, "I'm about to get blogged about, aren't I?!"

(Very rhetorical question!)






I am wishing you the peace that I am enjoying today!




Love,

Katy Noelle


P.S.  I loved sitting down and scrolling through my last post and being surprised by all of your fun comments. You probably all know how happy it is to hear from people who have been guests to your site and, hence, have dipped into your heart. I heard laughter gurgling out of me as I realized how the thought of lovely cucumber sandwiches brings us all together in a special bond! I must also mention that I haven't had a chance to actually see "Alice" yet. I want to go down south (over an hour drive) to see it in the huge and wonderful stadium theatre. That will have to wait till after the tea on Saturday.



10 comments:

  1. Just found your lovely blog! I LOVE the artistic arrangement for your bird feeder. We also love to feed the birds. Happy to find you today. Kay Guest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katy Noelle, What a delightful posting. First I was taken with the sheep which look so lovely snuggled together but when I saw the rabbit and the message, then.....well, my heart melted!!

    The image of the clouds wringing themselves out I thought superb.I should love to have written that - so atmospheric and yet giving such a very real picture of the wet day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That note is so romantic! I have a "thing" for rabbits too :0) Edith is right, the image of the clouds wringing themselves is just incredible. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just popped by to say hello... how glad I am that I have found your gorgeous blog... I will be around more often if that's ok with you?

    Love Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy,

    Thank you for your comment on my blog. I enjoy it very much to have you as one of my followers. When I read your profile I can see we have a lot in common! Two weeks ago I stopped blogging because I simply could not find the time to leave a message with all the people who left a message with me as well. Somehow I felt quilty about this. Like you I have a family with three children, a busy job and several hobbies, like reading, our garden, singing in a choir, that take up a lot of my time. I think there is some sort of blog etiquette, but my husband keeps telling me that I took it far too seriously....Your words 'how do bloggers with more than 500 followers do it' made me think as wel....Perhaps my husband is right and is it simply impossible to leave a message with all the people who comment on my blog. I still miss posting very much. It is such a beautiful way to share the things you love and enjoy in life, with people from all over the world. It gives you a lot of positive enery as well! Perhaps I just have to start again and take it a bit more easy.... I enjoyed looking at your blog very much. Your Easter decorations look lovely!!

    Lieve groet from Holland,

    Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popped onto your lovely blog through Madelief. Your post today is so cute! So so Srping-like! Love it!
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello darling, I am speechless by your comment on my blog. I do consider your son's comment an award and a very special one indeed. Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing it with me. Please give your son a big hug and a delicious kiss for me.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Katy Noelle,

    Thank you very much for your sweet and wise comments. They were just what I needed!!

    Love from Holland,

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello katy and thank you for your lovely message on my blog. It is so nice to be missed! Hopefully all getting back to normal now. Off for a catch up on your blog now xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Katy,

    I think sheep under glass a very wise move on your part, otherwise the little flufsters end up frolicking and gamboling all around the house which is sweet to begin with but after a while they get under your feet!

    Could you let me know who is coming to dinner as it may motivate me to clean up this bear pit too!

    Happy weekend,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Short and witty, long and heartfelt, just a blip to say hello - I love all of your comments! Feel free ...

ShareThis