Monday, July 4, 2016


  
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

~Emma Lazarus





A week and a half ago, I went to New York City with my mom, dad, sister and two of my guys (a.k.a. sons - Toby and David.) It was a short but very sweet and fun visit and for the first time - finally - I had a chance to see this beautiful lady with my own eyes. We took a clipper ship sail at sunset and that's how I got these pics but, actually, we took the subway down to Battery Park, got off the station, rounded the coast guard building and a fresh ocean breeze blew in my face and I saw her and...


I was moved to tears!!







Happy Independence Day!!

=)

xo




4 comments:

  1. Some of the most beautiful pictures of Ms. Liberty I've ever, ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried when I first saw her the first time too! I was imagining my dad, returning from WWII on his troop ship (he saw heavy combat in Europe and, I now realize, suffered from PTSD for the rest of his life) and wondering what it meant to him to see Lady Liberty holding up her torch over NY Harbor and realizing he was, at last, home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Barbara,

    that's just such a beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing it!! xxo and, hard....💗

    ReplyDelete

Short and witty, long and heartfelt, just a blip to say hello - I love all of your comments! Feel free ...

ShareThis