Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!





 I have a confession to make.

Sometimes, I don't give people the greeting cards that I buy for them.

I like them so much that I don't want to let go of them.

Oftentimes, however, I foresee this trouble and buy doubles if I think one is particularly lovely.


I guess this means that I collect them.


This is one of my favorites and is a lovely Mother's day card.

(I think that I eventually acquired and gave one to my Mom. Mom, do you recognize this one?)

Anyway,


The sentiment is short and sweet and lovely:


"You're always an inspiration!"





Isn't it lovely when a Mother is an inspiration and encouragement?!

My Mom has been that.


She's more than encouraged me to dive into what I love. It's more like it was part of her job to inspire me to have fun with life.
She taught me all about magic.

Not magic, like Harry Potter, nor, magic, like sunbeams, but magic like:

Steuben glass and Russian lacquer boxes that take a magnifying glass to see the precious expressions on the fairy tale character's faces. Magic like the love of foreign places and cities and everything hidden in them like museums and fancy restaurants and bookshops and parks. Magic like history and historic house tours. Magic like children's museums. Magic like decorating our house and having a beautiful home to live in. Magic like miniature dollhouses and ponies and ducks and rabbits and dogs. Magic like books and dolls and make believe. Magic like special international dinners with several courses that took a week to get ready for for pastors and friends.

Oh, geesh! I can't remember it all but I have been completely inspired to live my life open to it.

I, myself, am encouraged to keep trying to be inspiring in some way for my children ....



The true mother of the year award, however, goes to our dog Halle!!!







 


Her brood is growing by "leaps and bounds"  or, well,  by "waddles and flops"!



They've learned to walk and wag their tails at the same time without falling over. 

 



 They've learned how to eat big puppy food.

 



 They've learned how to be adorably cute (no problems there!!!)!

 



 They've learned how to yawn and stretch.

 



 They've learned how to play and romp.

 





 





 




They've learned how to be absolutely, adorably cute!!!
 (oops! Did I say that already?) 

 



 They've learned how to roll over and play dead.
(We do have the most talented puppies ever!)

 



 And, well, they didn't really have to learn this

but

they're really good at going to sleep ....

 




.... especially in a puppy pile!

 




 It is, after all, a dog's life!

 




 Good job, Mama!


Thank you to all of you other Mothers, too.

Thank you for all of your courage and hard work!


 




Happy Mother's Day!


Love,

Katy Noelle xxo 




P.S. I do wonder if any of you would be willing to share how your mothers have been an inspiration and/or encouragement to you.



*"Victorian Lady" is a card published by the Gifted Line and was taken from an antique original postcard c.1910


15 comments:

  1. I still happen to be up and noticed your post. I'm so happy I did because I so enjoyed reading your lovely sentiments about your mother. As for the puppies....just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halle, you go, momma! Good thing she has some great puppy-sitters available when she needs a break.

    I loved your post so much I think I'll go back and edit mine to include some ways my mom's inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katy

    Thank you as ever for your lovely comment at mine. It's so sweet of you to miss me - you really are the dearest bloggy friend!!

    I wish you and your mum a very Happy Mother's Day (we had our Mother's Day back in March) and Halle too - what a wonderful mother she has proved herself to be - her pups are just too gorgeous for words - super photos!

    Alas, I lost my darling mum at a very young age - I was only 20 and my sister a little older so Mother's Day for us is tinged with sadness. It's a long time ago now, so not having a mum is something we've got used to - but we have our memories.

    I have a wonderful MIL however whom I adore and Mother's Day is always celebrated with her.

    I hope your day is filled with sweet joy and laughter, dear friend.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Thanks for sharing the puppies, too cute for words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops, I was so excited over the puppies I forgot to say "Happy Mothers Day to you too"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear Katy-

    thank you for visiting- I left you an answer- and if you wanna take a look- I haven´t send a post- only a picture of my mothersdaytable from my sweeties...

    I wish you and Halle a wonderful Mothersday today- I loooooove this card soooooo much- and I do often the same :-) I put a card into my cardcollectingbox and send another :-)) This one is the most wonderful card, I´ve ever seen. So romanticly.

    My mother tought me a really good thing: she took me, as I was. She didn´t try to change anything- she loved me, as I was- and she loves me, how I am. That´s love! Not to try to change somebody. To love somebody with all faults- with a big, big heart! That´s, why I love her so much. She got a wonderful card with lilly of the valley on the frontside, cause she loves them so much- she´s a Maygirl :-) and with many photos of me and my family and pets... with many lovely stickers on it :-) She was sooooooooooo glad about that letter!

    Enjoy your day, Lovely :-))

    Hugs and kisses- Ines

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny that you can't always give away the cards you get for others. I make cards and then sometimes think they are too pretty to give away for someone to later throw in the garbage. :(

    All those puppies are so adorable! I bet they are so much fun to be around.

    My mother always inspired me to be a writer. I guess blogging is as close as I will ever get, but she still always believes in me!

    Hope you have a most wonderful day!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopped by, I like your blog! The puppies are soooo cute!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. To model mothers everywhere, including the wonderful mother of all those cute pups. Hopefully she's not too exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful summary of all the things your mother taught you. All that magic surfaces on each of your posts :0) Hope you enjoyed your day to the fullest xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww!! They are adorable!!!!!!!!!! I hope you enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day!! And I must thank you for always leaving me the dearest, sweetest comments on my blog...they make me feel so good...such a wonderful bright spot to my day! :)

    Hugs ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy, I've left something for you at my Caravan, please stop by and get it XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a charming tribute to your mother.
    Will you keep all those cute dogs ?

    I appreciate your visit and your kind comments. Thank you very much.

    Have a nice week.

    Hélène - www.artglehen.fr

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Mother's Day to you and to Halle! Puppies are just irresistible!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, and now I've met yet another kindred spirit! (:

    My mother gave me the gift of loving to be a Mom! Its the best gift in the world for a woman to have... in my humble opinion. She inspired me to follow my dreams, to be kind, generous and open hearted. She's wonderful, and I admire her above all women~

    Have a great week! xxVicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Katy...

    this was such a cute post! my daughter and I oooed and ahhhd over the adorable puppies! well done mommy!

    are you keeping all of them! lol

    and about that card, it's so pretty, i keep the inspiring ones too on occasion! so no worries, either we're both normal, or both a little greedy! lol

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete

Short and witty, long and heartfelt, just a blip to say hello - I love all of your comments! Feel free ...

ShareThis