Friday, January 9, 2015

Pate a Choux



I've been on an intense journey, this past year (and little bit), since I started to learn how to cook without gluten. The internet has been a wealth of information - tips and tricks - recipes - scientific explanations...

and so it is that, after a year of trial and error, I've finally got the knack of making light and fluffy, tenderly crisp, melt in your mouth pate a choux! Now, if only I could figure out the 'how sugar works' part - scientifically - on a stove, I mean....

Practice! Practice! Practice! and study!

...a good excuse for a New Year's Tea with champagne cupcakes and croquembouche!

When I figure more of it out, I'll let you in on what I've learned. ;)

Rubbing my hands with glee, I foresee a year of tea parties and entertaining of all sorts.







xo




8 comments:

  1. Darling Katy,

    Holytoot this looks a highly professional Afternoon Tea. Indeed, The Ritz would be satisfied with such an elegantly laid table, sparkling silver and divine looking cakes. You have certainly taken your voyage of culinary discovery seriously and, from the look of these results, you have arrived at your port of destination.

    Now, when is it convenient to pop by?

    Wishing you and your family a joyful, peaceful and successful New Year, with our love, J and L xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely weekend ....enjoy love Ria...x!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katy,

    A Happy New Year to you and your men. Your croquembouche looks spectacular! I can imagine how difficult it must have been to make the perfect gluten free chou pastry. You displayed it all beautifully!

    Looking forward to see you more of your baking and tea skills this year!

    Madelief xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy,
    I've just discovered your lovely blog. Your table setting is just gorgeous and your croquembouche is so elegantly displayed.
    Would you mind sharing where you found this beautiful pedestal cake stand? Just beautiful!

    Greetings from Elsie in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Elsie! :) I'm so glad that you noticed my cake stand! :) It was a Christmas present from my Mom but she bought it (from a HUGE hint from me) from TJ Maxx! :) (LOVE that store!! ;) )

      Than you and all the best! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Katy,
    What a great find! Maybe I'll get lucky next time I'm at TJ's!
    I've been really enjoying reading through your blog and your photographs are so beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes from Elsie in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cor lummy Blimey Miss Katy! Look at that tower of yum! Right, now I need to get in the car and drive to town to buy cake...you are tres tres clever and persistent. Me, Boodle and the rest of team Lane wish you and your Sunnies (you like that? I do!) a splendid 2015...Oh no! The sky has turned black, a sign? He He --x-x-x--

    ReplyDelete

Short and witty, long and heartfelt, just a blip to say hello - I love all of your comments! Feel free ...

ShareThis