Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lake water lapping....

   

The Lake Isle of Innisfree
I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee;
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.
~W.B. Yeats







cranberries...


Down... down... down.... to the lake....












An evening spent at 'The Fells' on Lake Sunapee in New Hampshire.


xo



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Katy...!!!...great pictures love Ria...x!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photographs Katy. I never realised you could see the lake from your house. This makes the place you live look like a dream even more. It's a bit like one of those old English country houses. They always have a view of the lake too :-)

    I like the way you captured the details in your photo's: the running water, the golden colours of the leaves and the sun shine through the trees...it's all so very pretty! Glad to see one of your post again Katy and enjoy the beauty you capture.

    Thank you for your sweet email and your comment on my blog. Thinking of you often too. Hope you and your men are well?! I was happy to hear you enjoy your cutting garden so much. Glad you rescued the flowers :-) I can envisage their bright colours all over your house. Sheer happiness!

    Wishing you a colourful week! Stay warm!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh.... heehee, Madelief! I only forgot to put into the post where this is - 'The Fells' in New Hampshire on Lake Sunapee! The historic home of John Hay. BUT I bought a year pass so that I could stay on the grounds from dawn till dusk and everyone else had gone home and I FELT - was well imagining that this was my home and my garden - I had it all to myself.... :) and.... email coming. ;)

      Delete
  3. Loverly, loverly! Fall is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katy, I love the W B Yeats poem - one of my favourites - thank you!

    Beautiful photos, especially the clear water ones. You must have had a wonderful time at The Fells. My nephew lives in Boston and his in-laws have a place in New Hampshire and they often spend time there. It looks so pretty.

    Jeanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stunning photos just made my day, and the poem, a favourite that never fails to stop me in my tracks. Yeats use of language is so individual and inspiring. Lovely to meet you and have a wonderful fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Innisfree is just to the North of me here, Katy Noelle, so if ever you do go there, come and say hello! Your blog is looking delightful, and it's good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are so beautiful! Love the nature and the autumn feel. :) Hope you are well Katy!

    Have a great November! xx

    ReplyDelete

Short and witty, long and heartfelt, just a blip to say hello - I love all of your comments! Feel free ...

ShareThis