Saturday, August 20, 2016

Fresh Eggs!



Hello! I'm still here! I'm still around!

After several years of craziness and tough 'life', this year has been spent LIVING!

Our family has been doing beautifully well.

I've been cleaning house - both literally in this big old farmhouse and figuratively on the inside in my heart and mind. It's been a beautiful thing! It's been taking a lot of courage! There have been lots of ups and lots of failing and falling down. It has meant, though, that I've been living right on the edge of my energy reserves and, by the time I usually get to the computer, I'm "a bear of very little brain." (~Winnie the Pooh.) Not very conducive to blogging, alas, but I have been active on instagram where the thoughts come in shorter sound bites. ;)

One of the happy projects that I've been working on, this year, is cleaning out the last frontiers of messes and boxes from our move. (Yes, the one that happened eight years ago.) There was this one catchall room that I've been avoiding. Every time there's a project or a holiday, things would get stuffed in there until there was this impenetrable wall of boxes and mess. Well, we've been working on it since March and, yesterday, we finished cleaning it all the way out!!! We'll start patching nail holes and painting next week and here comes the breathless news.... it's going to be a photography studio for me!!! What a lucky girly I am!!!!

In other news, David has taken over the entire egg business which used to be shared between all three boys. He's been up in his room doing all sorts of calculations and has been excited to see that, since he took over four days ago, egg production has gone up to two dozen a day!! 

It called for a photo op on these gorgeous old wood floors in my new 'studio'!! You can just see the old square nails, there. Now, the dilemma.... I had planned to paint the floors... and we do have more wood floors in other parts of the house like this... but these are just so gorgeous.... how can I even think of covering them up? Then, again, it's always been a dream to have those Swedish style, grey painted floors....



 
xo







3 comments:

  1. Happy sunday Kathy ...beautiful pictures.....love Ria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful. Lucky you to have a studio too. Enjoy the decorating - we have been busy recently too! Quite a dilemma about the floor boards - you are lucky to have such a beautiful feature in your house, but I do understand the desire to go for the Swedish look too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear from you. Mine brother and sister-in-law are photographers. Wonderful way to get decor for the house :-)

    ReplyDelete

Short and witty, long and heartfelt, just a blip to say hello - I love all of your comments! Feel free ...

ShareThis